making headlines across North America
Manolis' "George Seferis–Collected Poems" shortlisted for Greek National Literary Awards
Manolis' "George Seferis–Collected Poems" has been shortlisted for the Greek National Literary Awards, the highest literary honour in Greece.... more
Manolis' Übermensch released in Austria
Manolis' bilingual (English/Greek) reverie about his own spiritual journey in Übermensch (Ekstasis) has been translated into German and published by Windrose publishers in Austria.... more
"Bringing Greek poetry to the far ends of the globe"
the last few days I received from Canada an unexpected gift. Manolis Aligizakis' latest achievement: Yannis Ritsos' poetry translated by Manolis. A book of selected poems presented in both Greek and English,... more
Time of year for royalties
For authors: Royalties over $20.00 will be mailed out soon. Royalties of lesser amount will be retained until next year.... more
Manolis translates "Three Greek Poets" on Ragazine.cc
Manolis presents his translations for poems by Thessaloniki-based Cloe Koutsoubelis and Alexandra Bakonika, as well as the giant of 20th century poetry, Yannis Ritsos.... more
Manolis' Ubermensch reviewed on Apostaktirio.gr
Ubermensch, by Manolis Aligizakis is the most difficult and most philosophical poetry book I have come across. And rightfully so since it is identified with Nietzsche's "Ubermensch" so much in the plot... more
Flash concision is Bridgman's Way
Not all authors hanker for publicity. A precious few adopt pseudonyms and avoid the limelight like the plague. In Standing at an Angle to My Age, the very shortest stories, referred to as "flash fictions,"... more
Ken Kirkby featured on Mima Gallery website
Ken Kirkby is a Featured Artist on the Mima Gallery homepage, promoting his biography, "Ken Kirkby: A Painter's Quest for Canada" by Goody Niosi, and Giclée Editions published by Mima.... more
Manolis' "Nostos si Algos" released in Romania
Manolis' book "Nostos si Algos", translated in Romanian by Lucia Gorea, has just been released by DELLART in Cluj Napoca, Romania.... more
Prose and Poetry in White Rock
Held on Thursday Oct 24th at 7-9pm in Pelican Rouge Cafe in White Rock, BC, Prose and Poetry will feature Manolis' latest published poetry Cloe and Alexandria, and Übermensch, as well as Ron Duffy's... more
- Cold War Author Talks about The Way It Was Then
- Manolis wins 1st International Poetry Prize for "Seferis"
- "The story is true"
- "Standing" demonstrates "steady craft of an elegant literary stylist"
- P.W. Bridgman "a strong new voice in Canadian literature"
- Labello Press in Ireland congratulates P.W. Bridgman
- Book Launch: Standing at an Angle to My Age
- "George Seferis Unveiled" in English & Greek
- Authors in Our Midst: Manolis at RPL
- Friedland reads "Second Wedding" in Richmond
- Jazz with Ella: "Fast-moving" and "intriguing"
- Manolis wins at the 2012 Interartia Festival Awards
- 1st World Poetry Competition "Manolis Aligizakis"
- Doris Ray discusses "Common Threads" on Mixed Race Radio
- Prose and Poetry at Pelican Rouge Cafe
- "Human conflict in its most multi-dimensional form"
- USSR trips inspired Jazz with Ella
- Amabile wins the F.G. Bressani Literary Prize for Poetry and Short Fiction
- The Inter-cultural War of the Sexes
- Manolis' "Nostos and Algos" wins Volos poetry prize
- Amabile named finalist for F.G. Bressani Literary Prize
- Manolis receives honours from the International Art Academy
- Leaf Press showcases Manolis' poem "Daybreak"
- "Loose Ends" by Manolis in The Unrorean
- Manolis featured on mediterranean.nu
- Review: Small Change
- The Source features Manolis' poetry tour
- Book Launch: The Unquiet Land, Nostos and Algos
- Manolis interview on Co-op Radio (102.7 FM)
- Manolis collects two prizes from InterArtia