making headlines across North America
Longhand lives - for $5,000 per copy
Poet and publisher Manolis Aligizakis has announced his most extraordinary book – a facsimile of his own handwritten version of Erotokritos, a romantic-epic poem composed by Vitzentzos Kornaros of... more
Manolis' poems published in Jordan magazine
Libros Libertad is pleased to announce that Manolis' poems JUSTIFICATION and AMORPHOUS from AUTUMN LEAVES (Ekstasis Editions, 2014) have been translated into Arabic by Ali Znaidi and published in the literary... more
An Interview with P.W.Bridgman
"Your style is, at times, reminiscent of some of the old classics. Who has inspired you most?" "Certainly, I have been inspired by the likes of Dickens, Austen, James and their ilk. But I have been equally... more
Manolis' "Nostos and Algos" translated into Hungarian
Manolis' poetry book "Nostos and Algos", Ekstasis Editions, Victoria, Canada, 2012, translated into Hungarian by Karoly Csiby, professor of the Dunaujvaros University, Hungary, has been published in Bratislava,... more
Double Book Launch: "Autumn Leave" and "Purple Haze"
Double Book Launch with Wine and Cheese Reception for Candice James' "Purple Haze" & Manolis' "Autumn Leaves" takes place on Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 1:30-3:30pm... more
Press Release: Purple Haze
Libros Libertad announced, today, the publication of Purple Haze, a collection of poetry by Candice James.... more
Press Release: The Tragic Marriages of Doctor Geneva Song
Libros Libertad announced, today, the publication of The Tragic Marriages of Doctor Geneva Song, a novel by Robert N. Friedland.... more
Manolis' "George Seferis–Collected Poems" shortlisted for Greek National Literary Awards
Manolis' "George Seferis–Collected Poems" has been shortlisted for the Greek National Literary Awards, the highest literary honour in Greece.... more
Manolis' Übermensch released in Austria
Manolis' bilingual (English/Greek) reverie about his own spiritual journey in Übermensch (Ekstasis) has been translated into German and published by Windrose publishers in Austria.... more
"Bringing Greek poetry to the far ends of the globe"
the last few days I received from Canada an unexpected gift. Manolis Aligizakis' latest achievement: Yannis Ritsos' poetry translated by Manolis. A book of selected poems presented in both Greek and English,... more
- Manolis translates "Three Greek Poets" on Ragazine.cc
- Manolis' Ubermensch reviewed on Apostaktirio.gr
- Flash concision is Bridgman's Way
- Ken Kirkby featured on Mima Gallery website
- Manolis' "Nostos si Algos" released in Romania
- Prose and Poetry in White Rock
- "Variety and Longevity": George Seferis' Collected Poems
- Cold War Author Talks about The Way It Was Then
- Manolis wins 1st International Poetry Prize for "Seferis"
- "The story is true"
- "Standing" demonstrates "steady craft of an elegant literary stylist"
- P.W. Bridgman "a strong new voice in Canadian literature"
- Labello Press in Ireland congratulates P.W. Bridgman
- Book Launch: Standing at an Angle to My Age
- "George Seferis Unveiled" in English & Greek
- Authors in Our Midst: Manolis at RPL
- Friedland reads "Second Wedding" in Richmond
- Jazz with Ella: "Fast-moving" and "intriguing"
- Manolis wins at the 2012 Interartia Festival Awards
- 1st World Poetry Competition "Manolis Aligizakis"
- Doris Ray discusses "Common Threads" on Mixed Race Radio
- Prose and Poetry at Pelican Rouge Cafe
- "Human conflict in its most multi-dimensional form"
- USSR trips inspired Jazz with Ella
- Amabile wins the F.G. Bressani Literary Prize for Poetry and Short Fiction
- The Inter-cultural War of the Sexes
- Manolis' "Nostos and Algos" wins Volos poetry prize
- Amabile named finalist for F.G. Bressani Literary Prize
- Manolis receives honours from the International Art Academy
- Leaf Press showcases Manolis' poem "Daybreak"